I make music, manufacture photographic images and craft words in my Tokyo and Adelaide studios. I was born in Chile and have travelled through 43 countries and over the last 15 years called 6 different cities home (Sydney Australia, London UK, Delhi India, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo Japan). This global, urban perspective, informs all my work.
What I have Done
I started playing guitar live at the age of 16 and have had all sorts of roles in the music world, from performing, recording, arranging and composing, through hardware design, software testing, musical instrument sales and venue sound installation. My next release will be a solo album entitled You Can’t Deny What’s Inside.
In 2009, I started working as a professional photographer. My first exhibition was in 2010, featuring images from Ladakh in Northern India. One of my essays, What Is A Photographer Anyway, has been published in One Thousand Words (about photography) a journal put out by the Ballarat International Foto Beinnale and my approach to HDR Photography was featured in Piet Van den Eydne’s Pushing Light
My main focus this year has been a book, which will be announced shortly. I have also penned a column on family, parenting and technology for The South China Morning Post along with articles and reviews for various print publications. I have kept a blog at this site, in one form or another, since 2001 and I also co-author a film review site called The Society For Film and podcast by the same name available on iTunes.
What I Believe
I believe in truth, beauty and compassion. There are so many actions, big and small, that we can take to easy the burden of life for ourselves and those around us.
I believe in creativity. I love to see people make choices, work hard and create amazing things. We are lifted, not diminished, by other people’s success.
I believe the world is mysterious and rational. Too many of the either/or choices we face are excuses for not embracing the richness, complexity and ambiguity of life.
Connect With Me
There are a number of ways you can connect with me.
1. Read My Site – there are close to 2000 articles on this site, written over 10 years and I post 9-12 new articles every month. You may well find what you are looking for using the search box in the lower right corner of this page.
2. Engage On Social Media – you’ll find me lurking on a number of platforms, ello, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube. But, the gold standard is still Twitter, which I consider to be the most human of the social media spaces and where I post updates daily.
3. Subscribe To My Mailing List – the mailing list is the best way to stay up date to with my work. I announce all my new projects to the mailing list first and mailing list subscribers get special offers, discounts and prize giveaways.
4. Buy My Stuff – the store will be the place to buy my music, books, prints and coffee mugs. OK, maybe not coffee mugs.
5. Hire Me (Or Ask Nicely) – my calendar is usually booked solid, several months in advance. But, I am available for a limited number of professional gigs. To find out more check out my company website, SoundWallah.com.
People I Connect With
These are people I’ve connected with, in person, online, or both, who have inspired and encouraged my creative journey and who are really worth checking out.